Cranbrook’s first greenhouse was attached to Cranbrook House in 1908. In 1910, a new greenhouse was designed by Marcus Burrowes and built on the current site. It was destroyed by a fire in 1920, and wasn’t replaced until 1950. Renovations were done by Cranbrook House and Gardens Auxiliary in 2008. In 2013 it was designated as a Conservatory Greenhouse.
The Conservatory Greenhouse is operated by Cranbrook House and Gardens Auxiliary volunteers for the purpose of raising plants for Cranbrook Gardens and for public sale. Plant sales are generally held in the spring of every year and have become extremely popular events in the community, as well as excellent sources of funds for garden maintenance and improvement.