Cranbrook House: Additions

Cranbrook House under construction, ca 1907. Copyright Cranbrook Archives.

The West Wing was built in 1918 and contains The Library, Mr. Booth’s Office, Drafting Room and Still Room. 

In 1919 the service quarters were added and The South Wing was erected where the original garage once stood. It contains The Oak Room.

Cranbrook House and its additions were designed by Albert Kahn, from plans laid out by George Booth, to serve as a comfortable, functional dwelling for a large, active family.