Location: The brow of a hill overlooking The Meeting House
This altar was dedicated in 1954 as a symbol of man’s need for atonement with God and with other human beings.
The event marked the 50th Anniversary of a Sunday school that was started on this spot by George Booth’s father, Henry Wood Booth, just four months after the property was purchased.
Directly across Lone Pine Road from the altar is Christ Church Cranbrook. Erected in 1927, this beautiful structure was given by the Booths as a gift to the community.