Location: The Mountain
At the summit of The Mountain, under a cathedral of pines, sits a reduced copy of a travertine marble triton fountain. The original Fountain of Santa Maria in Piazza Bocca della Verita (or “Mouth of Truth”) in Rome, Italy, was designed by Carlos Bizzaccheri between the years 1717 to 1719.
The original was a papal commission, as signified by the triple crown of the Pope as well as the “keys to the kingdom,” the fountain depicts two tritons, holding a large shell over their heads, seated upon an outcropping of rock.
The replica was made in 1922 from marble.